Enviro-Blah!

Environmental Observations

LightBlog
Responsive Ads Here

Friday, February 9, 2007

Insulating my house

Winter arrived in the UK a couple of days ago and it is freezing. In fact it feels colder in my flat than it does outside! I live in an old building that has been converted into a couple of flats and it seems to be almost completely uninsulated. Unfortunately, it is a rented flat and I don't expect to stay here much longer so there isn't much I can do about it, but how I wish that I could insulate the loft and walls and get rid of this freezing feeling.

How Much?

When I read about how much insulation can save on heating bills I almost cried. The Energy Savings Trust has estimated that if everyone in the UK that could install insulation did so, we would cut our carbon emissions by 8 million tonnes. In addition to this it is thought that insulation could save households £250 per year. Now, where I live is only a small 4 roomed flat, so I don't suppose my saving would be that much, but obviously my gas bill would be much reduced. *%!!*

Next time I look for somewhere to live I am going to make sure it is insulated in order to reduce my carbon footprint and also to save my hard earned money.

No comments:

hnnn
This blog is purely designed to provide me with a device to moan, groan, gripe and waffle about environmental issues; any interest it may have to others is completely coincidental.