Enviro-Blah!

Environmental Observations

LightBlog
Responsive Ads Here

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Green Resolutions

All day at the supermarket today was like shaving pieces off of my brain, but at one point I was asked if I'd made any new year's resolutions. I never do make any, but it got me thinking a bit today; it was either think about this or drive myself to frustration thinking about the amount of packaging I was throwing around like confetti. So, for the first time I've made some resolutions: Green Resolutions.

1. Take the wife's shopping bag with me every time I go to the shops. No more plastic bags for me!

2. Replace all the lightbulbs with energy saving ones. Most of the lights already have them, but there's a few left; I'll do it tomorrow morning.

3. When I use the kettle I'll make sure there's just the amount of water in it that I am going to use.

4. Buy rechargeable batteries for my mp3 player. Another one for the morning.

5. Try and use the car less. Fortunately I live very close to the shops and always walk, but I'm sure I can cut out some journeys.

6. Buy more loose food from local bakers, butchers, markets rather than the overpackaged crap from supermarkets. Damn those supermarkets!

That's enough for now. Like Tony Blair, I think it's unrealistic to expect people to change their lifestyles for the environment. Freakin' idiot!

No comments:

hnnn
This blog is purely designed to provide me with a device to moan, groan, gripe and waffle about environmental issues; any interest it may have to others is completely coincidental.